20081007

baby got (her face) back

so, i've abandoned all anti-blahg sentiments and am steering this blog's course in the "all about me and my life" direction again for a post. i got so sick of writing about myself and all the blah blah goings on of my life (that was after only a month of blogging), but am gaining momentum towards other, yet-to-be-revealed blog movements.

now, a little self-indulgence:

for approximately 6 days, i've had urges to shout about a fortuituous visit to a dr. stone last week. two years ago, i moved back from guatemala and noticed a small bump on my cheek, which i assumed was nothing but a "blemish," as my mom so kindly would call it. after a while i started imaging a tiny, parasitic worm with a jiminy cricket face popping out and announcing it's true identity. but the bump persisted for two years, despite visits to the doctor, consultations with family in the medical field, and even a brief stint with a grey-toothed hungarian aesthetician. i was diagnosed with scar tissue, a "pearl," and acne, among other things. the truth came out when i saw dr. stone: it was a cyst that would continue to grow until competition with my nose for space on my face made it impossible for them to co-exist! so i had it removed! i have one baby stitch, the only one i've had in my entire, cautious, tip-toeing existence, and am sporting a skin-toned band-aid that matches my coloring to perfection! i joke. but it has seriously been liberating just to imagine my face without a pronounced nodule beckoning stares and cringes. my nephew even used a chuckie cheese sticker to copy my "ouchie" and though my mom lamented that i would lose any connection to the likeness of cindy crawford if i had it removed, she later admitted that it had seemed to be growing at an alarming rate and was HUGE the last time she saw me. i finally have my face back! fun for all!

1 comment:

mrs. everything said...

who is this? I am not good at following clues. Amber?